MAMBA X, 25.2V WP ESC AND 1406-3800KV SENSORED COMBO
Product #: 010-0155-11
Putting the X in Extreme!
The Mamba X Crawler edition is our latest offering for the crawling crowd. We have taken our new 1406 low kv crawler motors and paired it with the high power, ultra reliable Mamba X ESC. This combo is ideal for low speed crawling or trail running in vehicles weighing up to 9lbs on 2s; it can also be used in more aggressive setups like rock racing and extended hill climbing on vehicles up to 5lbs. It can also be used in 2WD buggies, stadium trucks and 4WD touring cars; equivalent in RPM output to approximately a 10.5 turn. Your ESC will come with our new V2.02 firmware that has been enhanced for rock crawling and sensored operation.
If you're looking for a higher torque motor for rock racing, hill climbing or hardcore trail running you will want to use the larger, higher torque and power rated 1410 - 3800kv motor. This motor is shorter and will run hotter and have less torque in heavier 4WD applications.
- INPUT VOLTAGE RANGE OF 2S (with included motor) with an internal 8A ADJUSTABLE BEC (5.25V-8.0V)
- Housed in a RUGGED CNC-MACHINED ALUMINUM CASE and potted in WATERPROOF epoxy to withstand the most extreme driving conditions and environments.
- Removable 30MM COOLING FAN
- Recon G6 Certified
- Paired with the improved 4-POLE 12-SLOT SENSORED1406-3800KV SLATE motor provides precise throttle control and buttery smooth starts
- Convenient TRANSMITTER PROGRAMMING for six common adjustable settings.
- Access to Castle’s INDUSTRY LEADING SOFTWARE with use of Castle Link USB (coupon included for free USB with purchase) and freely downloadable Castle-Link Windows™ program , or the Castle Link iOS App and a B-LINK™ Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately) for anytime, anywhere system adjustments. Click here to see the Mamba X Castle Link Settings Overview.
- Firmware updates available with use of Castle Link USB and Castle Link Programming Suite.
- DATA LOGGING captures and records performance data for maximum optimization of both performance and battery life
- AUXILIARY WIRE FUNCTIONALITY allows for “on-the-fly” adjustments such as ROCK RACE/CRAWLER MODE. These adjustments can be made real time, while driving, right from your transmitter.
- Castle’s SMARTSENSE™ software, enabled by default in the Castle Link Programming Suite, will use the motor’s sensors to provide smooth starts, excellent torque, and low-speed drivability. Once the motor is turning, it seamlessly transitions to Castle’s ULTRA-EFFICIENT sensorless mode with ELECTRONIC TIMING. Smooth sensored startups and high-efficiency sensorless running makes the Mamba X system produce more power and less heat.
- QUIETSENSE™ is an innovative advancement in the design of sensored motors to deliver the highest precision and most efficient startup.
- Mamba X ESC features AUDIBLE ALERTS that will notify you of possible issues with calibrations and error conditions to help diagnose problems in the field.
- Mamba X is TELEMETRY READY which means owners of the Futaba T4PX or 7PX Transmitters will be able to purchase the Castle Creations Telemetry Link for S.BUS2. Real-time data such as ESC temperature, voltages and RPM can be monitored to ensure performance advantages and spare you the “unknown” parameters that all R/C enthusiasts experience at some point. Telemetry data provides another level of protection and can increase performance.
- Additional features are continued in FEATURES tab.
- Additional specifications continued in SPECIFICATIONS tab.
- Mamba X Electronic Speed Controller
- 1406-3800kv sensored brushless motor
- 210mm length sensor wire (for sensored operation)
- Castle Sensor Harness adapter
- Coupon for free Castle Link USB adapter
- Driver's Ed and Quick Start Guides
- Castle decal sheet
- Waterproof : Yes
- Telemetry Capable : Yes
- Data Logging : Yes
- Auxiliary Wire : Yes
- Minimum Input Voltage : 2S
- Maximum Input Voltage : 3S
- Sensored Capable : Yes
- Recon G6 Certified ESC : Yes
- ROAR Certified ESC : Yes
- Availability: Not available
|Electronic Speed Control (ESC)
|Input Voltage Range:||MIN: 2S LiPo
MAX: 6S LiPo (25.2V) (3s max with included 3800kv motor)
|BEC Specifications:||Adjustable: 5.5V, 6.0V, 7.5V. or 8.0V (8A Peak), default 5.5V|
|Operating Environment:||Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment.|
|Reversible:||Yes, but may be disabled for racing.|
|Cooling Fan:||Yes, factory equipped (30mm), fully removable** (see Product Use Statements below)|
|Size:||Length: 2.14" (54.4mm)
Width: 1.39" (35.2mm)
Height: 1.18" (30.0mm)
|Weight (with wires):||3.56 oz. (101g)|
|Connectors:||4.0mm female bullets for motor connection.|
|Items Needed for Operation:||Battery Connector required, Castle 6.5mm Polarized Connectors, Castle 4.0mm Polarized Connectors, Traxxas® Power Connectors, or Deans® Ultra Plugs are recommended.|
|Product Use Statements:||
*Although Mamba X is waterproof, it is not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. T Always rinse the ESC and motor with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt. While the motor and controller may be waterproof, we suggest users confirm that the rest of their vehicle, including the batteries, servos, radio and chassis are also waterproof before exposing them to liquids of any kind.
**The cooling fan must be removed prior to driving in wet conditions. It is not waterproof.
|Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight:||Less than 9lbs, with batteries, ready-to-run with included 1406 - 3800kv motor in low speed crawlers; 5lbs maximum for more aggressive setups like rock racing and extended hill climbing
|Programmability:||Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (coupon for free link included in package) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software.|
|Telemetry Link Capable:||Yes
|Input Voltage Range:||2S-3S LiPo|
|Weight (w/wires):||197 g / 6.9oz
|Shaft Size:||Length: 15mm
Diameter: 1/8" (3.17mm)
|Mounting Hole Specifications:||M3 @ 25mm|
|Cooling Fan:||Optional - Coming Soon
|Connectors:||4mm male Castle Bullet Connectors attached to replaceable 13 gauge wire; includes 210mm length sensored wire.|
|Application Guidelines:||Ideal for 1:10 scale low speed rock crawlers/trail runners on 2S weighing less than 9lbs. Can also be used in more aggressive setups in lighter 1:10 scale touring cars, stadium trucks or buggies weighing up to 5lbs.
|Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight:||9lbs when used for low speed/moderate driving style like rock crawling and trail running;
5lbs for more racing and aggressive driving styles.
Running modes: SMARTSENSE™, Sensored, Sensorless with Castle sensored capable ESCs.
|Mamba X Driver's Guide||Mamba X Quick Start Guide||Sensored Motor Quick Start
This is a high power product with the potential to be very dangerous. Please read the safety information before use. This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
U.S. Patent # 7400103, 7492122, 7579796, 7740516, 8287328, 8678875, and 8905814 B2 - Other patents pending.
Controller designed, manufactured and supported in Olathe, Kansas USA.
Motor designed and supported in Olathe, Kansas USA; Made in China.
The Mamba X is extremely versatile, capable of powering a wide variety of applications ranging from 2S to 6S and vehicles ranging from 1/10th scale to 1/8th scale*. Whether you are racing at the track with your 2wd buggy, bashing through puddles and mud in your SCT or monster truck, or navigating a hardcore crawling excursion, this controller raises the bar to a whole new level.
ESCs have a tough life - landing extreme jumps, experiencing accidental collisions, and splashing through the occasional puddle. As R/C enthusiast themselves, Castle engineers understand this and designed the Mamba X to endure these situations and power through them. It is housed in a rugged CNC-machined aluminum case and then potted in waterproof epoxy. This not only protects the electronics but ensures any heat generated in the controller can easily be dissipated through the case.
The Mamba X has an exclusive set of features that allow you more control and flexibility than ever before:
Enabled by default, the Mamba X uses the motor’s sensors to provide smooth starts, excellent torque, and low-speed drivability. Once the motor is turning, it seamlessly transitions to Castle’s ULTRA-EFFICIENT sensorless mode with electronic timing. When running, a motor must transition between different load points and a different timing advance is required for optimal efficiency at each. Electronic timing in SMARTSENSE™ will advance timing automatically for peak performance during all driving conditions. This combines the best of both worlds in an unrivaled HYBRID between smooth sensored startups and high-efficiency sensorless running. Your motor will produce more power and less heat.
Mamba X features the addition of a new, programmable Auxiliary Wire that allows you to make “on-the-go” adjustments to several settings such as torque control, and max throttle, and fine-tune the performance of your ESC right from the transmitter using an auxiliary channel on the receiver. The AUX wire function is disabled by default but is programmable via Castle Link. Once you have programmed the functionality of the AUX wire, that setting can then be adjusted on-the-go from a compatible transmitter. Try out the brand new Crawler Mode for incredible versatility!
The Mamba X is telemetry ready, which means owners of Futaba T4PX Transmitters will be able to purchase the Castle Telemetry Link for S.BUS2. Real-time data such as ESC temperature, voltages, and RPM can be monitored to ensure performance advantages and spare you the “unknown” parameters that all R/C enthusiasts experience at some point. Telemetry data provides another level of protection and can increase performance.
- Auto LiPo cutoff
- Motor direction
- Drag brake
- Reverse type
- Motor type
- Punch Control
- Brake curve
- And many more.
Additional Castle Link benefits include:
- Access to all firmware updates, including added features sets released from Castle Engineering, at no charge.
- Intuitive Demo Mode capability
- Ability to save setup profiles for later use