- My Account
- Get Castle Link
- HOT DEALS!
MAMBA X, 25.2V WP ESC, 8A PEAK BEC, DATALOGGING
Product #: 010-0155-00
Meet the next generation.
Castle Creations is proud to announce our new flagship surface product, the MAMBA X EXTREME 1:10 SCALE WATERPROOF ESC. We at Castle wanted to address three main concepts while designing a new ESC for the modern day RC enthusiast; VERSATILITY, RELIABILITY, and PERFORMANCE. These are the pillars of the Mamba X design and the driving forces behind the feature-packed controller.
The Mamba X is extremely versatile, capable of powering a wide variety of applications ranging from 2S to 6S and vehicles ranging from 1/10th scale to 1/8th scale*. Whether you are racing at the track with your 2wd buggy, bashing through mud puddles in your SCT or monster truck, or navigating a hardcore crawling excursion, this controller raises the bar to a whole new level.
- INPUT VOLTAGE RANGE OF 2S-6S with an internal 8A ADJUSTABLE BEC (5.25V-8.0V)
- Housed in a RUGGED CNC-MACHINED ALUMINUM CASE and potted in WATERPROOF epoxy to withstand the most extreme driving conditions and environments.
- Removable 30MM COOLING FAN
- Pair with a Castle 4-POLE 12-SLOT SENSORED MOTOR to provide precise throttle control and buttery smooth starts
- Convenient TRANSMITTER PROGRAMMING for six common adjustable settings.
- Access to Castle’s INDUSTRY LEADING SOFTWARE with use of Castle Link USB (coupo n included for free USB with purchase) and freely downloadable Castle-Link Windows™ program , or the Castle Link iOS App and a B-LINK™ Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately) for anytime, anywhere system adjustments.
- Firmware updates available with use of Castle Link USB and Castle Link Programming Suite.
- DATA LOGGING captures and records performance data for maximum optimization of both performance and battery life
- AUXILIARY WIRE FUNCTIONALITY allows for “on-the-fly” adjustments such as Max Power, Max Brake or the new Aux Wire Mode "Crawler/Rock Race", and MUCH more. These adjustments can be made real time, while driving, right from your transmitter.
- Castle’s SMARTSENSE™ software, enabled by default in the Castle Link Programming Suite, will use the motor’s sensors to provide smooth starts, excellent torque, and low-speed drivability. Once the motor is turning, it seamlessly transitions to Castle’s ULTRA-EFFICIENT sensorless mode with ELECTRONIC TIMING. Smooth sensored startups and high-efficiency sensorless running makes the Mamba X system produce more power and less heat.
- QUIETSENSE™ is an innovative advancement in the design of sensored motors to deliver the highest precision and most efficient startup.
- Mamba X ESC features AUDIBLE ALERTS that will notify you of possible issues with calibrations and error conditions to help diagnose problems in the field.
- Mamba X is TELEMETRY READY, which means owners of the Futaba T4PX or 7PX Transmitters will be able to purchase the Castle Creations Telemetry Link for S.BUS2. Real-time data such as ESC temperature, voltages and RPM can be monitored to ensure performance advantages and spare you the “unknown” parameters that all R/C enthusiasts experience at some point. Telemetry data provides another level of protection and can increase performance.
- MAMBA X is ROAR CERTIFIED.
- Additional features are continued in FEATURES tab.
- Additional specifications continued in SPECIFICATIONS tab.
- MAMBA X ESC
- Coupon for free Castle Link USB
- MAMBA Logo Sheet
- Gearing Chart for Castle Motors
- Drivers Ed Guide
- Quick Start Guide
New Firmware Available! Version 2.02 offers improved low speed control, stronger drag brake, new Aux Wire Mode "Crawler/Rock Race", and MUCH more. Check out all of the changes here and be sure to update your new Mamba X via the Castle Link!
Read the RC Driver review here! "Sensored Has Never Been So Good! – The Castle Creations Mamba X Sensored Brushless System"
Watch how the Mamba X ESC is manufactured in Olathe, KS. Castle Creations YouTube-Making the Mamba X
- Waterproof : Yes
- Telemetry Capable : Yes
- Data Logging : Yes
- Auxiliary Wire : Yes
- Minimum Input Voltage : 2S
- Maximum Input Voltage : 6S
- Sensored Capable : Yes
- Recon G6 Certified ESC : Yes
- ROAR Certified ESC : Yes
- Availability: This item is in stock.
ESCs have a tough life - landing extreme jumps, experiencing accidental collisions, and splashing through the occasional puddle. As R/C enthusiast themselves, Castle engineers understand this and designed the Mamba X to endure these situations and power through them. It is housed in a rugged CNC-machined aluminum case and then potted in waterproof epoxy. This not only protects the electronics but ensures any heat generated in the controller can easily be dissipated through the case.
The high performance Mamba X includes an integrated and powerful 8A adjustable BEC and can push the most extreme 1/10th scale setups and 1/8th scale* race buggies. SmartSense allows you to take advantage of smooth, cog-free, and predictable sensored starts, and Castle’s new and improved throttle response keeps you ahead of the competition.
The Mamba X is proudly designed and manufactured in Olathe, Kansas and is backed by Castle Creations’ 1-year warranty and unparalleled "make-it-right" customer support. Call us, email us, or walk in our front door – we’re here to help.
The Mamba X has an exclusive set of features that allow you more control and flexibility than ever before:
Enabled by default, the Mamba X uses the motor’s sensors to provide smooth starts, excellent torque, and low-speed drivability. Once the motor is turning, it seamlessly transitions to Castle’s ULTRA-EFFICIENT sensorless mode with electronic timing. When running, a motor must transition between different load points and a different timing advance is required for optimal efficiency at each. Electronic timing in SMARTSENSE™ will advance timing automatically for peak performance during all driving conditions. This combines the best of both worlds in an unrivaled HYBRID between smooth sensored startups and high-efficiency sensorless running. Your motor will produce more power and less heat.
AUXILIARY WIRE FUNCTIONALITY
The Mamba X allows “on-the-fly” adjustments to be made through the AUX wire once enabled in Castle Link. Once you have selected an AUX wire function, that setting can then be tuned from your transmitter while driving. Torque control, max throttle, max brake and drag brake adjustments are a sampling of the available modes. This real-time tuning allows you to quickly and easily fine-tune your system.
Enabled by default, the Mamba X captures and records performance data from your vehicle. This allows you to view a detailed turn-by-turn record of what your ESC actually experienced during the run. You will be able to record real-time data such as motor RPM, battery current and voltage, ESC and motor temperature, throttle input, and more. Download and analyze the collected data via Castle Link and make adjustments to maximize both performance and battery life.
For nearly 20 years Castle engineers have been setting the bar for industry leading software functionality. The Castle Link Programming Suite is your ticket to creating the perfect setup. To gain access to the host of tuning parameters, simply redeem the coupon for the Castle Link adapter included with your Mamba X purchase. Download the simple to install software from our website and you are ready to personalize your controller’s parameters. Don’t forget to use the “check for updates” feature in Castle Link to download new software as it becomes available. New features are yours at no cost, a perk for choosing Castle. Click here for settings overview for the Mamba X ESC.
*In 1/8th scale setups, the Mamba X is intended to be used for off-road racing in buggies weighing up to 9 lbs (including batteries and ready-to-run). In these 1/8th scale racing setups, the Mamba X should be run at 4S Lipo (16.8V) max and is recommended to be paired with the Castle 1512-1800Kv (P/N: 060-0062-00) or Castle 1515-2200Kv (P/N: 060-0063-00) motor, with appropriate gearing only.
|Input Voltage Range:||MIN: 2S LiPo
MAX: 6S LiPo (25.2V)
|BEC Specifications:||Adjustable: 5.5V, 6.0V, 7.5V. or 8.0V (8A Peak), default 5.5V|
|Operating Environment:||Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment.|
|Reversible:||Yes, but may be disabled for racing.|
|Cooling Fan:||Yes, factory equipped (30mm), fully removable** (see Product Use Statements below)|
|Size:||Length: 2.14" (54.4mm)
Width: 1.39" (35.2mm)
Height: 1.18" (30.0mm)
|Weight (with wires):||3.56 oz. (101g)|
|Connectors:||4.0mm female bullets for motor connection.|
|Items Needed for Operation:||Battery Connector required, Castle 6.5mm Polarized Connectors, Castle 4.0mm Polarized Connectors, Traxxas® Power Connectors, or Deans® Ultra Plugs are recommended.|
|Product Use Statements:||
*Although Mamba X is waterproof, it is not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. Always rinse the ESC and motor with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt. While the motor and controller may be waterproof, we suggest users confirm that the rest of their vehicle, including the batteries, servos, radio and chassis are also waterproof before exposing them to liquids of any kind.
**The cooling fan must be removed prior to driving in wet conditions. It is not waterproof.
|Application Guidelines:||Intended for up to 6S (25.2 Volt) operation in vehicles weighing less than 9bs/4kg
|Recommended Motors:||Castle 1406, 1410 and 1415 Sensored motors|
|Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight:||Less than 9bs/4kg, with batteries, ready-to-run|
|Programmability:||Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter(coupon for free link included in package) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software, or the Castle Link iOS App and a B-LINK Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately).
|Telemetry Link Capable:||Yes|
|Mamba X Driver's Ed Guide
||Mamba X Quick Start Guide
||1/10th scale gearing chart
Castle Creations, Inc. warrants this product to be free from manufacturing defects for a period of one year from date of purchase.
This is a high power product with the potential to be very dangerous. Please read the safety information before use. This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
U.S. Patent # 7400103, 7492122, 7579796, 7740516, 8287328, 8678875, and 8905814 B2 - Other patents pending.
Controller designed and circuit boards manufactured, in Olathe, Kansas USA.
Controller assembled in Olathe, Kansas USA.