Telemetry Link for Futaba S.Bus2 Resource Page
Castle Air and Surface ESC Product Compatibility Chart
|Air ESC Compatibility|
|ESC and Data Point||Phoenix Edge and|
|Edge HV and|
Edge HV Lite
Ice HV 2
and Ice Lite
|Motor Power Output|
Note: BEC Current will be available on future ESCs.
|Surface ESC Compatibility|
|ESC and Data Point||Mamba Monster X||Mamba Monster X 8S||Mamba X||Mamba XL X and XLX2||Mamba Micro X||Copperhead 10||Sidewinder Micro 2||Sidewinder 4|
|Motor Power Output|
*There is currently a bug with the Monster X 8s and XLX2; it prevents
controller temperatures from being displayed correctly. At this time we
do not know the cause of or have a solution to the issue. We are still
investigating and are working with Futaba to try to find a solution.
R304SB / R304SB-E (4CH)
|Futaba Transmitter Compatibility|
|Compatible Futaba S.Bus2 Transmitter||Software Version Required||Software Release Date||Known Compatible Telemetry Receiver||Link/Resources|
|Radio Systems - AIR|
|Version 6.0||November 10, 2015||Futaba R7008SB|
|Version 3.11||Unknown||Futaba R7008SB||Software update|
T16SZ Instruction Manual
|Version 1.5||April 5, 2016||The telemetry function requires the corresponding receiver (R7008SB and R7003SB), included in 18SZ package.|
|Version 2.6.3||April 4, 2016||The telemetry function requires the corresponding receiver (R7008SB and R7003SB), included in 18MZ package.|
|Radio Systems - SURFACE|
|Version 1.4||August 8, 2016||R304SB / R304SB-E (4CH)|
|Initial||October 31, 2017||R324SBS / R304SB / R304SB||7PX Instruction Manual|
ESC Configuration Resources
Castle Link USB Programming Instructions:
- Download the interface software from our Software area.
- Disconnect the AUX wire and/or Telemetry Link from the ESC, failure to do this may result in damage to your Castle Link USB Adapter.
- Plug the Castle Link into the receiver lead on your controller and attach the mini USB cable included in the kit.
- Connect the USB cable to your PC.
For more information, see the Castle Link page.
For more information about the Castle Link software, visit the Downloads page.
Vehicle Connection Resources
- The Telemetry Link may require configuration in Castle Link. If the Telemetry Link is connected to the S.BUS2 wire or ESC, you must first disconnect them to avoid possible damage to your Castle Link USB Adapter. Then connect the brown, orange and yellow lead (labeled External Input) on the Telemetry Link to the Castle Link USB device.
- Click on the “BASIC” tab.
- The S.BUS2 Throttle Input default is Channel 3, which is typically assigned to the throttle stick on the Futaba transmitter. Please refer to Futaba’s recommendation for setups that require modification of this selection. Assignment changes made on the transmitter may need to be changed here as well. For external governor applications, select External Input in the S.BUS2 Throttle Input drop down.
- The Telemetry Link will occupy (8) SBUS2 slots. The designated start slot is 8, 16 or 24. Castle Link defaults to S.BUS2 Slot 8. The start slot can be changed if you are already using a sensor on one of these slots.
- The Telemetry Data Enable checklist allows you enable/disable specific telemetry data points. This is useful if your ESC does not support one or more of the data points, or if you are not interested in a specific data point.
- Click the “Update” button to save modified settings to your Telemetry Link.