- My Account
- Get Castle Link
SIDEWINDER 8TH ESC, 25.2V ESC, 8A PEAK BEC, WP
Product #: 010-0139-10
NOW AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE!
Sidewinder 8th is our sport 1:8 scale waterproof* ESC that we have paired with the 1515B-2200Kv - until now! It’s perfect for entry level, weekend basher, or serious road warriors seeking the benefits of an affordable brushless upgrade.Capable of 2-6S LiPo, with an 8 amp peak BEC the Sidewinder 8 is the perfect upgrade for 1:8 scale buggies, truggies and on-road vehicles as well as 1:10 scale monster trucks weighing up to 11 lbs. It can also work as a great upgrade for some 4WD short course trucks for 3s or 4s operation.
- 2s - 6s LiPo (25.2V) use in vehicles up 11.lbs. with battery, ready-to-run.
- Sensorless motor operation.
- Waterproof design ESC and splash resistant 30MM fan*
- Powerful 5.5 volts fixed, 8 amps Peak BEC
- LED error codes for common error conditions
- Smooth sensorless startups
- Convenient transmitter programming for nine common adjustable settings
- Full compatible with the Castle Link Programming Suite to modify settings and download software updates available via Windows®-based Castle Link software and USB adapter (purchased separately), Field Link Card (sold separately), or the Castle Link iOS App and a B-Link Bluetooth Adapter. (sold separately)
- Sidewinder 8 ESC
- User Guide and Quick Start Guide
- Castle decals
- Waterproof : Yes
- Telemetry Capable : No
- Data Logging : No
- Auxiliary Wire : No
- Minimum Input Voltage : 2S
- Maximum Input Voltage : 6S
- Sensored Capable : No
- Recon G6 Certified ESC : No
- ROAR Certified ESC : No
- Availability: This item is in stock.
|Input Voltage Range:||MIN: 2S LiPo
MAX: 6S LiPo (25.2V)
|BEC Specifications:||5.5V fixed, 8A peak
|Operating Environment:||Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment.|
|Reversible:||Yes, but may be disabled for racing.|
|Cooling Fan:||Yes, factory equipped (30mm), fully removable** (see Product Use Statements below)|
|Size:||Length: 2.45" (62.2mm)
Width: 2.20" (56.0mm)
Height: 1.33" (34.0mm)
|Weight (with no battery connector):||3.52 oz. (100g)|
|Connectors:||6.5mm female bullets for motor connection.
|Items Needed for Operation:||Battery Connector required, 6.5mm Castle Connectors are recommended.|
|Product Use Statements:||
*Although Sidewinder 8 is waterproof, it is not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. Always rinse the ESC and motor with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt. While the motor and controller may be waterproof, we suggest users confirm that the rest of their vehicle, including the batteries, servos, radio and chassis are also waterproof before exposing them to liquids of any kind.**The cooling fan must be removed prior to driving in wet conditions. It is not waterproof.
|Application Guidelines:||Intended for up to 6S (25.2 Volt) operation in vehicles weighing less than 11 lbs, with batteries, ready-to-run.|
|Recommended Motors:||Castle 15xx series motors, 1415-2400kv (Bullet connector change from 4mm to 6.5mm required)
|Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight:|| Up to 11 lbs, with batteries, ready-to-run with batteries
|Programmability:||Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (purchased separately) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software, a Field Programmer (sold separately) or the Castle Link iOS App and a B-Link Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately).
|Telemetry Link Capable:||No
|Sidewinder 8 Quick Start Guide
||Sidewinder 8 Driver's Guide
Castle Creations, Inc. warrants this product to be free from manufacturing defects for a period of one year from date of purchase.
This is a high power product with the potential to be very dangerous. Please read the safety information before use. This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
U.S. Patent # 7400103, 7492122, 7579796, 7740516, 8287328, 8678875, and 8905814 B2 - Other patents pending.
Controller designed, and circuit boards manufactured, in Olathe, Kansas USA.
Controller assembled in Olathe, Kansas USA.
Castle Link Compatible
With the optional Castle Link USB Programming Kit you can use your Windows™ PC to easily program your controller. Adjustable settings include:
- Throttle curve
- Braking curve
- Drag brake
- Auto LiPo cutoff
- Punch Control
- Reverse Type
- Motor Type
Additional Castle Link benefits include:
- Access to all firmware updates, including added features sets released from Castle Engineering, at no charge.
- Intuitive Demo Mode capability.
- Ability to save setup profiles for later use.